This product is considered hazardous under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200).
Pyrophoric. Spontaneously flammable in air and moisture. Causes severe eye and skin burns. Aluminum
oxide can be generated during combustion which can cause pulmonary (lung) fibrosis if inhaled over
prolonged periods. If metal oxide particles are formed, exposure to these can cause -metal fume fever-. Metal
fume fever is an influenza-like condition characterized by sweet or foul taste in the mouth, upper respiratory
tract irritation, coughing and a feeling of malaise. Fever chills, muscular pain, headache, nausea and diarrhea
may occur, also. Onset of symptoms can be delayed 4 - 12 hours and usually subside within 24 - 36 hours
after exposure ceases.